Relationship / Couple Counselling in PETWORTH, HORSHAM, MIDHURST, BILLINGHURST & PULBOROUGH by Karen Chipperfield
Relationship counselling in Wisborough Green can help you to make the most of your relationships, past, present or future' Many people believe that they only need help with the major crises in their relationships. Couple counselling can be the first source of help when people face divorce or separation; affairs or major conflict. But it can also help with the worries that might seem trivial or minor. Even if things are going perfectly for you, counselling can help keep things that way.
Relationship counselling is open to everyone aged over 16. Whether you are married, living together, in a same-sex relationship, separated, divorced or single. You can come on your own or with a partner.
The basic principles for a relationship counsellor include:
- Provide a confidential dialogue, which normalizes feelings
- To enable each person to be heard and to hear themselves
- Provide a mirror with expertise to reflect the relationship's difficulties and the potential and direction for change
- Empower the relationship to take control of its own destiny and make vital decisions
- Deliver relevant and appropriate information
As well as the above, the basic principles for a couples therapist also include:
- To identify the repetitive, negative interaction cycle as a pattern.
- To understand the source of reactive emotions that drive the pattern.
- To expand and re-organize key emotional responses in the relationship.
- To facilitate a shift in partners' interaction to new patterns of interaction.
- To create new and positively bonding emotional events in the relationship
- To foster a secure attachment between partners.
Common core principles of relationship counselling and couple therapy are: